Last Modified: October 28, 2021
Williston Publishing and Promotions, LLC, d/b/a Vermontcast (“Vermontcast”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information (as defined by applicable law). This privacy notice will let you know how we collect, use, process, maintain, and share your personal information on our websites and digital properties, as well as your choices regarding the use, access, and correction of your personal information. What personal information we collect may vary based on your interaction with us and requests for our services.
We encourage you to read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or using personal information about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your information. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
I. Important Information And Who We Are
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Vermontcast receives, collects and processes your personal information in connection with our websites (including vermontcast.com, mobile applications or “apps” (including our “NOW app”), social media channels, electronic newsletters, and other Vermontcast digital properties (the “Digital Properties”) and our products or services offered on our Digital Properties. These are collectively referred to as “Services” throughout this privacy notice.
Vermontcast is headquartered and operates in the United States, and therefore we may process, store, and transfer personal information in a country which may be outside of your own. By providing us with your personal information you acknowledge such transfer of information out of your jurisdiction. If you do not wish for certain personal information to be so transferred, please do not provide your personal information to us and/or take such steps described herein to prevent the collection of your personal information. Please note in your doing so, and without such information, we may be unable to provide this Service to you. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection.
Our Digital Properties and Services are not designed or intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide us any personally identifying information.
Third party links and applications.
Our Digital Properties may include links to third party websites, platforms, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites, platforms and applications and are not responsible for their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit or application you use when you use or enable these platforms and applications, or leave our Digital Properties.
II. What Categories Of personal information Do We Gather About You?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, including: identifier details; contact information; user profile information; transactional/Services data; financial data; technical and usage data; location data; marketing and communications information and preferences; demographic information; and educational, training, and employment information.
We also collect, use and share anonymous data. Personal information does not include, and this privacy notice does not cover, anonymous data. Anonymous data may be derived from your personal information where your identity has been irretrievably removed. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of visitors accessing a specific website feature. Or, we may aggregate information about our visitors to provide materials and external reports for our advertisers and marketing partners, investors, auditors, and the like. However, if we combine or connect anonymous data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you fail to provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal information by law, under the terms of an agreement we have with you, for our legitimate business interests, or other applicable lawful bases, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform or provide our Services for you (or the agreement with you), or otherwise fulfill or meet your request, or we may have to cancel a product or Service you have with us. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
III. How Is Your personal information Received or Collected?
There are different ways that we may collect information about you, but generally we will collect your personal information from either you (directly or indirectly), third parties, or public resources. For example:
- Directly from You. We may collect your personal information directly or indirectly from you. For example, you may provide us with your information if you set up a user account, sign up to receive our emails/join our mailing lists, or otherwise use our Services. Or, for example, and depending upon your device and browser settings, we collect your personal information, such as information about your device or other online identifiers, via cookies and tracking mechanisms.
- Information from Third Parties. We may receive your personal information from third parties. As is the case with most organizations, Vermontcast uses subcontractors and vendors to assist with our technology, security, payment processing, order-fulfillment, delivery, advertising/marketing, analytics, mobile app-development and –deployment, and other business services who, in the course of acting on our behalf, may provide us with your personal information. Another third party source of your personal information may be through social media, which depends upon your privacy settings with that third-party platform (as explained further, below).
- Public resources. We may also collect personal information from public resources, which is usually used to supplement personal information we have received.
IV. How May Might We Use your personal information?
- To provide and fulfillment of Services/products.
- To provide relevant news and developments about Vermontcast Services that may be of interest to you.
- To provide information about different Vermontcast Services and third party marketing.
- For inquiry/request responses.
- When you purchase employment ad space on our job board classified ad.
- Participating in, and fulfillment of, promotions, including sweepstakes, giveaways, prize drawings and other competitions.
- In connection with surveys, feedback, reviews, testimonials, and exemplars.
- For general reports on Services, work, events provided.
- To monitor Digital Properties usage, trends, and experience. As is true with most websites and digital properties, when you interact with our Digital Properties, or by email, we may automatically collect, or facilitate the collection of, personal information on your interactions with us and our Digital Properties and about your equipment. For example, we may collect personal information by using first and third party cookies, server logs, web beacons, clear gifs, or other similar technologies.
We use these automated technologies and the personal information collected for different purposes. For example, some are strictly necessary for the core functionality of our Digital Properties and providing our Services, including performance analytics, personalization, and in order to provide secure Digital Properties and Services, and are therefore automatically deployed. We may tailor your interactions with our Digital Properties when you are logged in using your user account by remembering information you entered on our websites or to provide information you requested on our Digital Properties, including subscriber content access. They also help us know where you have indicated certain cookie and advertising preferences, including refusals, to ensure your preferences are honored.
We also use functional cookies and technologies to help us improve our Digital Properties and Services, as well as visitor relationships and experiences. For example, we may use third party applications and automated technologies, like Google Analytics, to determine how often our visitors access or read our content, so we can enhance our Services, provide the most interesting content, and gain readership and viewership. To learn more about Google Analytics, you can go here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- For marketing research/statistics. We may use your personal information as necessary to help us and our third party marketing partners (“Marketing Partners”) research and develop new products, services, updates, generate business, provide support or the like on our behalf. For example, we may analyze statistical, demographic, and marketing information for product or Services development purposes and to understand usage and traffic trends to grow our visitors and member reach, and to improve our relationship with you. Or we may collect and use your personal information to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns. We may also obtain certain data about you from third party sources including our Marketing Partners or other vendors, consultants and Service Providers to help us provide and improve our content, products, Services, events, websites and Digital Properties, as well as for marketing and advertising. We may combine that data with information we obtain from our products, Services and Digital Properties, other users, or third parties to enhance your experience and improve our content, products and Services.
- Marketing and Advertisers. We may use your personal information and share that information with third party advertisers or sponsors in order to support and grow our business as well as bring you relevant content, information, events and advertisements. For example, your personal information may be used to inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base or the number of unique visitors that have viewed a particular ad or visited a particular webpage. We may also use your personal information to publish summary information regarding, for example, our members and visitors for promotional purposes and as a representative audience for advertisers, sponsors, and our other partners.
- If we provide you geographically relevant Services, offers, or advertising/marketing. With your consent, which may be provided when you enable certain features on your mobile or electronic device, we may collect and use your location data, and use such data to provide you with content, Services, offers, or advertising through your app or device that are relevant to your precise location. We may also use such information to improve our Digital Properties, content, and Services. You may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by changing the settings on your device or mobile app but such withdrawal will have no impact on the lawfulness of the prior processing. Please note some features and functions may not work properly if location services is/are disabled.
- At your Direction. We may collect and use your personal information at your direction or as otherwise needed to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the personal information or that were distributed when it was collected.
- To verify and/or authenticate an identity, access rights, privileges, etc. For example, we may use personal information to authenticate and permit your online access to subscriber and/or user account information. We may also obtain information about you from other companies that have your permission to share information about you, as well as from other online and offline sources. We may combine that information with information that we collect directly and indirectly from you
- Security. In order to protect the security and integrity of Vermontcast systems, facilities, and business operations.
- Other business-related or legal purposes, such as: job and volunteer application administration; government reporting/audit/requests requirements; internal or third-party audits, compliance and certification reviews; staff administration; in case of emergency; and as otherwise obligated by law
Third Party personal information.
When you use our Services, purchase our subscriptions or products, communicate with customer service, post on our Digital Properties, or otherwise interact with Vermontcast, you might provide us with/disclose another person’s personal information. If you choose to provide us with that personal information, you represent that both the disclosure and the processing of that information in accordance with this privacy notice is permitted under applicable law.
V. With Whom Do We Share Your personal information?
Except as set out in this privacy notice or as required by law we do not sell, license, rent, or swap your personal information without your permission. We may have to share your personal information with the categories and types of parties set out herein for the purposes outlined above. For example, we may provide access to your personal information, or share your personal information with, our service providers and vendors, our advertising and Marketing Partners, social media platform providers, online forum visitors, other Vermontcast community members, or research and analytics solution providers. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the applicable law. Here are some examples of how we may share your information:
- Within and among Vermontcast.
- Service Providers, Vendors and Third Party Consultants. For example, we contract with service providers and third parties to help us with web hosting, credit card and bill processing, shipping and delivery, email distribution, list processing, analytics, promotions management, ad serving, marketing and advertising of our Services, functionality and security of our Digital Properties and other Vermontcast properties, legal obligations and enforcement of legal rights, and other services to provide our Services and to advance our business goals. We provide service providers only with the information they need to perform their services. For example, if you are a subscriber or registered member of Vermontcast, we may share your email address with a service provider necessary to send you emails (including newsletters) on our behalf. That service provider may not share your email address or personal information with other companies, and may only send you emails on behalf of Vermontcast. Other service providers may help us with delivering or shipping to you other products you may order, and to ensure fulfillment of your orders, purchases, or registrations. Another way we may share, or facilitate the sharing of, your personal information is with third party retail or payment processing platforms or vendors in order to process and confirm payment. Or, we may share your personal information with third party customer service providers and vendors that allow us to assist your technical issues, complaints, or inquiries, as well as to receive and collect your feedback on our Services, etc. We may also engage service providers to collect and analyze information about your use of our Digital Properties in order for us to improve our Services and grow our business. For example, some third parties gather personal information on our behalf for the purpose of understanding how users are using our sites, making improvements to our sites, services, content, and products, and for providing or delivering the Services. We do not control third party service provider websites, platforms and applications collecting your personal information, in this regard, and are not responsible for their privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit or application you use when you use or enable these platforms and applications, or leave our Digital Properties.
- Social Media Platforms. We may use widgets and tools from third party social media platforms on our Digital Properties to enable sharing and other functions through social media platforms, which facilitates the collection and sharing of your personal information by these social media platforms.
- Promotions, Contests, Surveys. We may facilitate the collection of, or share your personal information with a third party service provider, vendor, co-host, co-sponsor, event exhibitor, or the like when we conduct, administer, host, or co-sponsor promotions, contests, surveys, or the like.
- Auditors and Due Diligence.
- Merger or Acquisition Partners. We may share your personal information with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- With other third parties with your consent. If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
- With other third parties, as required for legal compliance, law enforcement, public safety, or security purposes. For example, we may disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or with legal process, such as to comply with a subpoena, protect and defend our rights and property, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our websites, or to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Or, for example, we may release personal information to comply with a court order or subpoena. Or, if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, we may release personal information as part of any investigation into your actions.
VI. Data Integrity And Security
We have put in place commercially appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed, and to maintain its accuracy and integrity. While no security is impenetrable, we implement and maintain commercially appropriate technical, physical, administrative and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk for our use of the Personal Data, taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation, and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing. We maintain, monitor, test, and upgrade information security policies, practices, and systems to assist in protecting the personal information that we knowingly collect from you, and to maintain the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of our systems and services.
VII. Acceptance And Changes To This Policy
This Privacy Notice may be amended from time to time, consistent with the applicable data protection and privacy laws and principles. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If you do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate with us and stop using our Digital Properties and Services. Your use of our Digital Properties and Services after the posting of such changes will constitute your consent to such changes.
By using Vermontcast’s Services and our Digital Properties, and/or submitting any of your personal information to us, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice. Please do not send us any personal information if you do not want that information used in this way.
- VIII. Who Should You Contact If You Have Questions?
For questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our security practices: If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Unsubscribe Requests: If you would like to contact us about unsubscribing from our email lists, you can do so by using the unsubscribe link in a direct marketing email, or emailing Info@Vermontcast.com and providing all of your email addresses that could appear on our email lists, as well as the name of the newsletter or mailing list from which you would like to unsubscribe.